This is the Privacy and Cookies Policy for the website hosted at https://simplyyou.simplyhealth.co.uk ("Our Site"). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our Site is operated by or on behalf of The Simplyhealth, trading as Simplyhealth (we, us and our). For the purposes of the European Economic Area data protection law ("Data Protection Law"), we are the data controller. Our registered office address is Hambleden House, Waterloo Court, Andover, Hampshire SP10 1LQ and our registered number if 5445654. For our contact details please see below.
Our Site is powered and hosted by Verve Partners Limited ("Verve") who provides us with a community panel for the purposes of conducting markets research among our customers and prospects. Verve acts as a data processor, processing your personal data on our behalf for the purposes of providing you with access to Our Site.
Information we collect about you
We will collect and process the following personal data from you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on Our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use Our Site, participate in discussions, surveys, answer mini polls, suggest ideas on or via Our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, submit a query, and when you report a problem with Our Site.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph, login and password details, responses to surveys and other discussions which take place on Our Site.
Information we collect about you from your use of Our Site
We will automatically collect information from you each time you visit Our Site. This includes:
- Technical information
- Information about your visit
- Location data
- Technical information may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit may include the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
- Location data - we collect information through Our Site as to your real-time location to provide location services where requested or agreed to by you in order to deliver content or activities or other services that are dependent on knowing where you are. This information is also being collected in combination with an identifier associated with your device to enable us to recognise your mobile browser or device when you return to Our Site.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you:
In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share your data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- If you use any of the other websites or apps we operate or the other services we provide.
- From third parties we work closely with.
Cookies and other technologies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and similar technologies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that and your help screen or manual will tell you how to do this. We also give you information about how to disable cookies here. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website if you do so.
A number of cookies and similar technologies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Others are used to remember you when you return to Our Site and will last for longer.
We use these cookies and other technologies on the basis that they are necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or because using them is in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights), and, in some cases, where required by law, where you have consented to their use .
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, the website may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on Our Site. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on Our Site.
If you want to disable cookies on our site, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers can be found via the links below.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies used on our site will expire after the dates set out below.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
Expires 2 years from set/update.
__utmb, These cookies work in tandem to calculate visit length. Google __utmb cookie demarks the exact arrival time, then Google __utmc, registers the precise exit time from the site.
Expires 30 minutes from set/update.
__utmc, Tracks Anonymous users
Expires once you leave the site.
Expires 6 months from set/update.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us:
We will use this information to:
- Take steps in order to enter into any contract or carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us including:
- administering your account with us;
- notifying you about changes to our service or Our Site.
- Ensure in our legitimate interests that:
- content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- we provide you with the information that you request from us.
Information we collect about you from your use of Our Site
We will use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights:
- To administer Our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep Our Site safe and secure.
- To improve Our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our Site, when you choose to do so.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights). We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Who we give your information to
We may give your information to:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, who support our processing of personal data under this policy.
- Selected third parties.
Our selected third parties may include:
- Organisations who process your personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions and the Data Protection Law. This includes in supporting Our Site, in particular those providing website and data hosting services, distributing any communications we send, facilitating feedback on Our Site and providing support services from time to time. These organisations (which may include third party suppliers, agents, sub-contractors and/or other companies in our group) will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their support functions.
- Verve Partners, who have developed Our Site, provide data hosting services and be responsible for planning and running any surveys [and other initiatives] that may be available on Our Site.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy (this will not identify you as an individual).
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If Simplyhealth or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Simplyhealth our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction and to prevent cybercrime.
Where we store your information
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination inside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
Our Site may make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and avoid posting any personal information.
How we protect your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Our serves use a number of controls to ensure your data is kept secure at all times. All data is encrypted using TLS when being transferred between our servers and your browser. All backups are encrypted using AES-256bit encryption. As an ISO 27001 certified company, we have the administrative, technical and physical controls in place to keep your data secure at all times. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
How long we keep your information
Data is retained for the life cycle of the community and in accordance with the contract between Simply You and Verve, which may require the data to be stored for a further 6 months after the closure of the community panel. This is in line with the DPA and Market Research Society guidelines on retention of data. This may include retention necessary to meet our contractual obligations to you, to identify issues or to resolve legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
- You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal data,
- to request that your provided personal data be moved to a third party.
- Your right to withdraw consent: Where the processing of your personal information by us, is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us at Claire@simplyhealthsimplyyou.co.uk.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html).
Changes to this policy